St. John’s Episcopal Church
St. John’s Episcopal Church located on Main Street in historic Wytheville was the home church of the Bolling family. Judge Bolling, Mrs. Wilson’s father, was very active in the church community where he served as a lay reader. When rectors were absent, Judge Bolling often conducted services.
Mrs. Wilson was confirmed on August 7, 1881 at St. John’s Episcopal Church and it was in this same church in 1896 that she married her first husband Norman Galt.
In 1960, during her last visit to Wytheville, Mrs. Wilson dedicated stained glass windows in the memory of her parents at St. John’s Episcopal Church.
For more information about this historic church, please visit their web site at www.stjohnswytheville.org.
The church is located at
275 East Main Street, Wytheville, VA.