The Genealogy of Edith Bolling Wilson
Edith Bolling Wilson, through many generations, is a direct descendant of the famous American Indian, Pocahontas. Other famous people such as Thomas Jefferson, Robert E. Lee, Martha Washington, and Letitia Tyler can be linked to Mrs. Wilson as well.
The genealogical path from Pocahontas
- Pocahontas and John Rolfe – son, Thomas Rolfe
- Thomas Rolfe and Jane Roythress – daughter, Jane Rolfe
- Jane Rolfe and Robert Bolling – son, John Bolling
- John Bolling and Mary Kennon – son, John Bolling, Jr.
- John Bolling Jr. and Elizabeth Blair – son, John Bolling III
- John Bolling III and Mary Jefferson – son, Archibald Bolling
(Mary Jefferson was sister of Thomas Jefferson)
- Archibald Bolling and Catherine Payne – son, Archibald Bolling Jr.
- Archibald Bolling Jr. and Anne Wiggington – son, William Holcombe Bolling
- William Holcombe Bolling and Sallie Spiers White – daughter, Edith Bolling
The genealogical link to Martha Washington (includes Robert E. Lee)
- Martha Dandridge’s (Washington) first husband – Daniel Parke Custis
- Martha Dandridge and Daniel Parke Custis – son, John Parke Custis
- John Parke Custis and Eleanor Calvert – son, George Washington Parke Custis
- George Washington Parke Custis and Mary Lee Fitzhugh – daughter, Mary Anna Randolph Custis
- Mary Anna Randolph Custis and Robert E. Lee – son, William H. Fitzhugh Lee
- William H. Fitzhugh Lee married Mary Tabb Bolling, descendant of Colonel Robert Bolling and Ann Stith, Robert Bolling’s second wife
- Learn about Edith Bolling Wilson’s relationship to the 28th President of the United States, Woodrow Wilson
- Read excerpts from My Memoir by Edith Bolling Wilson